Well, it has been a wonderful 4 months with our little baby. I can't believe how much she's grown up and developed in the last 4 months but specifically the last month! I know how clichè that sounds but it's true. She's rolling over from stomach to back as well as back to stomach. She's scooting forward, she's laughing out loud, she's reaching out and grasping things so much more. It's so fun to see her learn new things. I am loving it! So anyway, here are the stats:
Birth: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
19.5 in.
can't find the head measurement
2 weeks: 7 lbs. 13 oz. 45% percentile
20 in. 50% percentile
34 cm 12% percentile
2 months: 11 lbs. 3.5 oz. 50% percentile
22.75 in. 50% percentile
37.8 cm. 25% percentile
4 months: 12.12 lbs. 27% percentile
24.5 in. 52% percentile
38.5 cm. 3% percentile
She's a little peanut. I was worried about her weight a lot but they said she's just fine because they tend to see the weight gain drop around 4 months. What they are concerned about is her head circumference. Well, they are not really worried because all her developmental milestones are right on track and some a little advanced but they do want to watch it. So I have an appointment in a month to see how her head is. If it hasn't grown enough then we will have to get a CT scan to ensure that her skull hasn't been prematurely fused. I personally think that the nurse did the 2 month measurement wrong but what do I know... We're just suppose to watch her development and if anything seems slow or weird we're suppose to take her in. The doctor was going to do a few lab tests at her appointment but since she got her second round of shots he decided not to torture her too much in one day, to which I replied with a HUGE sigh of relief. So we'll see what happens in a month. Until then we're just loving her and loving watching her grow. She is just the best baby. She is already kind of partial to Marc and me and resists being held by strangers, but despite being extra clingy, she is a happy girl.
I haven't started solid food yet but I plan to by about her 5th month birthday so we'll see how that goes. I'm reluctant only because I love nursing and I'm not sure I'm fully ready to move to the next phase just yet. So I guess I'm just going to live up this next month of exclusive nursing and just really appreciate all the time I get to bond with my little girl.
She's started getting out of her sleeping schedule. She use to go to bed anywhere between 9:30-10:30 and sleep for 8-10 hours but then one night I put her down at 10:30 and 45 minutes later she was up, wired and awake from that great nap... So getting back on some sort of schedule has been a challenge but really, I don't care that much right now. I don't work and so besides just being tired when she wakes up at 3 I am just fine to catch up on sleep during her naps during the day. So I can't complain, but to all you veteran mothers out there, I would love some input on how to instigate a schedule that is not insanely strict but rigid enough for some consistency. I'm not really worried about setting an exact schedule this early but I'd love some input on how to ease into a schedule maybe by 6 months. Thank you in advance!
So all in all we're doing good. I'm anxious to see her weight and head circumference in a month so that my mind can be put at ease.
I haven't posted about our fun trip to Lake Powell but that's next on my list, and to keep you all interested and in suspense, here's a little preview of Gretta in one of her cute swimming suits and a sun hat. I love that face. I could kiss those cheeks til the end of the world.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Gretta's 4 month update...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
what a darling baby. how fun to see your cute family. Hope you don't mind me commenting
that is the cutest picture I've seen in a while...can I have it on my facebook?
Post a Comment