I hate meat. I used to love a really great medium rare steak and now I can't even think of choking down thinly sliced deli meat let alone chicken, beef, or anything that remotely reminds me of meat.![]()
I hate anything sweet. I can't believe this has really happened to me. I LOVED sweets: brownies, chocolate, peanut butter M&M's, cookies, lemon bars... I can't even think of eating anything that sweet! Not only can I not choke it down, if I do manage, the pain in my stomache just wasn't worth it.
I love love love the taste of pickles!! I always loved pickles but now I LOVE them! The downside is the inevitable heartburn. But sometimes I'm willing to sacrifice my esophageal comfort.
Ultimately, I'm happy that at least I'm out of the throwing up 8-10 times a day phase and excited to be that much closer to holding our little baby.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
A few pregnancy tidbits...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Yeah for not being sick! That is crazy about the meat and sweets. Gosh maybe you should create a new diet plan called the pregnancy diet! hehehe. Hey, I had a chemistry teacher once say that what you eat can let you have a better guess as to what you are having. Something to do with the difference in male and female chemistry, and eating acidic foods versus foods that have a basic ph level. I don't remember for sure but I think he speculated acidic for girl and basic for boy. Probably a midwives tale but something fun to think of and try to guess. Love ya!! Glad you are feeling better!
pickles... :) That"s funny! :) I'm a vegetarian for 15 years now, I just don't like meat. I didn't like it when I was pregnant either, but for the first 3 months I couldn't eat anything else but junk food from McDonald's and stuffs like that... It was really weird! :)
Time sure flies, you're already 15 weeks pregnant, wow! Just a few more weeks and you'll know that you're expecting a boy or a girl... sooooooo exciting!! :)
Wow! I can't believe you threw up so much. You've had a rough little ride, but I'm glad you're feeling better. My desire... change that to NEED, for sugar sure intensifies when pregnant. I had a hard time with random smells. I couldn't stand the smell of Andrew's deodorant.
I just love you and your blog. I cant tell you how happy I am for you that you are pregnant!
Marie! I am so sorry you've had such a hard time! Don't you just LOVE heartburn! I really thought I wasn't going to have an esophagus by the time I was due.... But as I'm sure you agree: all of this is SO worth it!
you are for sure having a boy then.... hahah with those kinds of cravings! and no sweets?!?! i live off them.. and meat too.. well i hate certain meats but i love my burgers and chicken haha. glad you are feeling better though!
Post a Comment