Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Annual Halloween Hammond Family Party!!



Last Saturday my family had our annual Halloween Party! We had an absolute blast! We all dress up, go to the store to buy pumpkins, carve them, make home-made donuts, eat snacks, make caramel apples and caramels, eat dinner...all in all, it is a long, FUN day!!

This year I am sure of two things. Marc and I had the absolute best costume and Marc had the absolute best time carving his pumpkin! I'll try not to overload with pictures but you have to see some to get the full spectrum.



Bad picture, I know. But in my defense, I wasn't feeling very well. I was shocked at how many people really didn't get my costume. At the grocery store while buying our pumpkins, many people would stop and stare at me and then say, "oh, you're a stove." I thought it was very obvious that I had a "bun in the oven" but I guess I was too discreet. Marc was a baker. We tried to find a cheap baker's hat but alas, we couldn't. I just couldn't justify $30.00 for one hat! Either way, we were so excited about our costumes and had such a blast making mine!! Yeah for my bun in the oven!

We made so many donuts!! I must confess, this is usually my favorite part but really the smell of deep frying (one of my past favorites) made me absolutely sick. So I really didn't take part in the donuts this year. :( I am looking forward to being ready to fry, frost and EAT these delicious donuts next halloween. I did actually eat 2 just plain glazed donuts that were good but the maple are usually my favorite and I stayed far away from them. Sad that I don't like sweet things any more!


Just to preface: Marc told me in June that he had the best idea for a pumpkin for halloween. He was so excited to carve this face. At that point I wasn't pregnant and we had no idea that we would be pregnant by halloween. It would have been fine if I hadn't had such bad morning sickness. But when Marc first presented his pumpkin to my family many people turned to me and asked, "is it supposed to be you?"



Other people besides me throw up don't they?? I guess it is me.


I don't know why I even am posting this picture, first because it's so bad and secondly you can't even tell what my pumpkin is without the candle and the darkness and such so, just bare with me. I usually come up with some boring face (I'm not too creative when it comes to jack-o-lanterns) so this year I decided to trace a design from a pumpkin carving book. Semi-boring and not creative but easy. That's what I was going for...easy. And with all the little delicate, details I had to carve out, it ended up being hard anyway.

I know it's blurry but here is the picture of the pumpkins, minus three, that were carved and displayed that night! Very fun!

Here is a closeup of Marc's and my pumpkin. His, the throw up one. Mine, the scarecrow that is semi-easier to make out with darkness and a candle. If any of you have desires to see more pictures of our wonderful party, go to my sister Trina's blog and view the link "Halloween" on the right to see more of the fun finger food that was very "Halloween-y", other costumes and fun things.


Also, Sunday was a very good day. It was the first time in weeks that I made it to church. Nights and mornings are very hard for me so the fact that I made it and lasted all three hours...whoo hoo!! I threw up that morning so I did end up being late for sacrament meeting, but I'll take what I can get. I have REALLY missed going to church so I was very happy to be there.

3 comments:

Beki said...

Your costumes were the BEST!!! Mike and I laughed so hard. What a great idea! I can hang out gimping :) So give me a call.. Or I'll call you! Happy Halloween!

Adam and Julie H. said...

What a cure Halloween costume idea. I loved it! I want your families dough nut recipe please!

Amelia Poll said...

Seriously, you have the coolest family ever! :) Super cute costume too--I knew what it was the minute I saw it...some people just aren't very smart ;o)