Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Autumn Leaves...

I am really excited for Fall. I use to say that Fall was my favorite season because everyone in school always said Summer was their favorite season and I wanted to be different. But now as I've gotten older, I realized that I really do LOVE Fall. About mid-july I've really had enough of Summer and I'm ready to move on. I know that sounds crazy but I just look forward to cooler days, the smell of fall in the air, maybe even seeing smoke come out of somebody's chimney... I love the sweatshirts, the new socks, waking up to the smell of rain and being so excited to bring an umbrella. I love coming inside and seeing light pink cheeks and red noses, and I love that the sun goes down at 6 and just savoring an evening at home and knowing it's an evening that lasts a lot longer now. I love seeing the leaves change and looking out the window and watching them fall off of the trees. I love turning off the swamp cooler and turning on the heater for the first time. When I was little I would get a blanket and sit on a vent in the living room and wrap the blanket around me so there were no holes and just sit in a balloon of warm air as the heat filled my blanket. It bubbled around me and kept me warm. I remember coming home from school, making myself hot chocolate and grabbing my favorite blanket and "sitting on the heater" to do my homework. I love Fall. So I decided even though there's still officially 3 weeks of Summer left that I'd change my background to fall colored flowers and just bide out the time joyfully looking forward. I always make my own backgrounds but this year for fall, I wanted something that I knew I couldn't make and so that's why I've kind of "sold out" and opted to use a pre-made background. I must say, it's easy, fun and fast so I might resort to this more often in the future. We'll see. Hurry and come September 22nd, I've missed you so much!!

5 comments:

Etus said...

:) I love fall too... :)

Lexie Lantz said...

I love the fall too.. :) but not so much the winter :(

Enjoy your fall!

Sharon and John said...

AMEN! I love fall too! It finally feels like it's coming, sigh!

John and Trina Busch said...

AMEN!! I just saw your post about Gretta turning 5 months, holy cute baby! some of those smiles are just to die for!

Beki said...

Amen sista! I think you put it all down perfectly! I changed my blog page too...and I've got some fall things out.. SO exciting!