We have loved having this baby girl with us these last two almost three weeks. She is an amazing baby. She is so good. She hardly ever cries, only if she's hungry.
We already experienced our first big scare. When she was 3 days old we ended up in the emergency room. While running some tests on Gretta they gave her an IV and put her in a bilirubin bed since her jaundice was high. Needless to say we didn't sleep a wink for about 36 hours until we finally got the good news that she was fine. The biggest scare of my life. I just sat in the emergency room and sobbed. I can't believe how afraid I was. I couldn't believe the love I had for this little baby and how scared I was that something could happen to my precious daughter. After all it took for us to get pregnant, the last thing I could face was the unthinkable. Thankful doesn't even describe my relief when the panel of doctors told us she was fine. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for hearing our prayers and answering them. We took a couple pictures on our cell phone of her in her sad bili-bed. It broke my heart to see her in there, listen to her cry when she got her IV and stand by her bed knowing I couldn't comfort her, hold her or kiss away her tears.




5 comments:
Wow, thank goodness she is okay! I can already tell you are going to be a WONDERFUL mommy. She is beautiful, Marie!
We are glad she is ok too. What a sweet baby. I hope you are doing well also. She is growing so fast, by the next time we see her she will be so different.
We are so happy she is ok! You guys pulled through and were so strong. PLEASE let us know if we can bring dinner or just call for someone to talk to! We'd love to be of any help we can!
That is scary. She is absolutely beautiful. I don't know if you remember me Marc. I was in your math class in high school. My maiden name is Crosby.I found your blog through Cam Poulters. I just had my second baby three weeks ago. New babies are hard but they are so sweet. Congrats you guys.
Holy Cow Marie! I had no idea. I had to keep back the tears when I read your post. Especially when you said you couldn't believe the love you had/have for Gretta. I am so glad everything is okay.
Post a Comment