I don't write too many emotional/deep-thought posts but this one is one that I haven't been able to forget about all day. I've decided to write a post dedicated to changing my perspective. My cousin Lori, wrote a post on her blog that made me think. I think I'm a positive person and I try to be grateful for what I have but I think I fall short a lot. She posted a song by Trace Adkins called "You're Gonna Miss This".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5D9FHFUn_k
A lot of things are happening in our life right now which sometimes get me down but because of that post, I really started to re-think some things. I am not a Trace Adkins fan even though I love country music, but this song hit home today. I was so happy to get out of high school, but kind of looking back, I miss some aspects of it and I wish I was more grateful for the time of my life I was in. But not even high school, I want to be grateful for each day and the situation I am in my life. Marc and I have so much to be grateful for and I have been really focusing on the positive aspects of my life lately, half-way to try to forget some aspects that are particularly trying and painful and half-way to really look at the good in my life and count my blessings. But now I want to not try to think positively to hide from the trying things but accept them and see the good in them. I want to look at what I have and be thankful that I can grow from these trials and try to look for the good. Thank you Lori for letting me copy your sentiment and thank you for helping me reset my goal to be grateful for every aspect and to find joy in the journey.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
A new perspective
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Marie! Thank you for reminding me to enjoy the journey in everything. My attitude about time and life gets better when I strive to look for the good in everything. I miss you! Hope all is well with you and Marc!
what a great reminder Marie.. you are darling and everything will work out for you guys...promise!!!
sure love you Marie. You hang in there, good things come to those who are diligent. Can't wait to rejoice with you. xoxoxoxox
You're so sweet Marie. It is definitely easy to look for all of the things that aren't right when there is so much to enjoy. We can remind each other!
Happy Anniversary Tommorrow!!!
Post a Comment