Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why am I so Lucky?




I feel so grateful. I’ve been blessed with the sweetest baby. She is just wonderful. I love this age. I love to see her grow up and look more and more like a little person. Sitting up and playing with toys and eating real food. It’s just so fun! I don’t ever rock her to sleep before her naps. She has completely taught herself to go to sleep. I start her music, give her a hug and kiss, lay her in her crib with her binky and put a blanket on her and she goes right to sleep. Not only that but for the last little while she’s slept all through the night without a peep. I have gotten up in the middle of the night and worried because I remembered that I hadn’t heard her that cry the whole night. So I literally ripped the covers off and ran into her room, only to find her sleeping peacefully.

The other night I did take the opportunity and time to rock her to sleep even though she doesn’t need it. I was so overwhelmed with love for my little baby. She is so precious. I was tired but I remember thinking, I am so lucky to be able to rock my little baby to sleep. I am so lucky that I get to have this uninterrupted, special time with her. I am so lucky that I was blessed with a baby to rock. I thought back to those years of infertility when Marc and I cried and prayed every night that we would be blessed with children and I felt tears sting my eyes and I thanked my Father in Heaven for sending me this perfect, special spirit. I continued to rock her and sing softly in her ear and at that moment I couldn’t have asked for anything else in the world. Marc was sitting on the floor of the nursery watching me rock our little girl and smiling softly at me and I could see the unconditional love in his eyes. I was looking back and forth between my dearest friend, my husband and eternal companion and my beautiful little baby and it felt like my heart could hold no more love.

Motherhood, for me, has truly been the absolute most fulfilling, amazing blessing that my Heavenly Father could ever give me. It has built an amazingly strong bond between Marc and me, between God and me and between me and my little Gretta bug. I cannot ask for more. My Heavenly Father is truly so merciful and loving and blesses me more than I know I deserve and more than I could ever imagine possible. Why am I so lucky?

4 comments:

Ali said...

What a lucky girl Gretta is to have such a loving Mommy (and Daddy!). Thanks for sharing these thoughts. Great post.

Nate and Lori said...

I love this post! so, I'm wondering what you did to be able to get her to sleep so well...any special methods or tricks?

Bonny said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing, Marie.

Adam and Julie H. said...

Because you yourself are special and because you deserve the best! love you!